1941 Custom Ford Pickup
When my dad saw this pickup at the Indianapolis Goodguys Show he said to me, “Jr., there’s our new Boyd Coddington shop truck. Once at our shop in La Habra, California, we redesigned it to incorporate the “Boyd Look” and to be able to utilize as both a daily driver and a shop truck. We started by introducing a Vintage Air cooling, new brakes, another dual exhaust, a tilt steering with a period correct aftermarket steering wheel, and a new carb. The inside was completely reupholstered, we installed new VDO gauges and a new stereo system with a CD player.
The doors were branded with the Boyd Coddington Logo with his logo and then pinstriped by master striper Dennis Rickleffs. The truck is fitted with a powerful Ford 351 V-8 motor and a three-speed Ford AOD automatic transmission.
If you’re a fan the Discovery Channel’s hit show American Hot Rod, you probably noticed it in a couple of episodes. Later, it appeared on Chasing Classic Cars
Boyd Coddington Shop Truck Features
- Customized by Boyd Coddington Garage
- Boyd Coddington Garage shop truck
- Completely reconstructed 300 hp balanced and blueprinted 302 cubic inch V-8
- Show quality flat red with custom pinstriping by Dennis Rickleffs
- Three-speed transmission
- Installed Vintage air conditioning
- New Power brakes
- New dual exhaust
- Forty steering wheel added
- VDO Gauges
- Lokar Shifter
- Wishbone front suspension
- Polished stainless A-arms
- Rear leaf-spring suspension
- Wheelbase: 122 in.
- Seen on the TV indicate American Hot Rod and Chasing Classic Cars